Thursday, March 31, 2011
Roast garlic toast
1 ciabatta loaf
2 whole garlic bulbs
2 tablespoons extra virgin
5 sprigs of fresh rosemary
salt and freshly ground
• Preheat grill to high.
• Slice off the tops of the garlic bulbs. Leave the cloves whole with their skins on.
• Brush with some of the olive oil. Wrap the garlic bulbs in foil with 3 sprigs of the rosemary. Grill for 25 minutes, turning occasionally.
• Slice the bread and brush each slice with olive oil, then lightly toast both sides under the hot grill.
• Squeeze the garlic cloves from their skins onto the toast.
• Chop the leaves of the remaining rosemary sprigs, and sprinkle over the toast. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil, and serve warm or hot.