Wednesday, March 30, 2011
McDonald's Chicken McNuggets
SPECIAL TOOLS: Deep fryer
vegetable oil (in fryer)
1 cup water
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup tempura mix (or 1/3 cup flour for a total of 1 cup if tempura mix is unavailable)
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon Accent®
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
4 chicken breast filets, each cut into 6-7 bite sized pieces.
Cooking your McNuggets
1. Beat the egg and then combine it with 1 cup water in a small, shallow bowl. Stir.
2. Combine the flour, salt, Accent®, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder in a one gallon size zip lock
3. Pound each of the breast filets with a mallet until about 1/4-inch thick. Trim each breast filet into bite
4. Coat each piece with the flour mixture by shaking in the zip lock bag.
5. Remove and dredge each nugget in the egg mixture, coating well. Then return each nugget to the
flour/seasoning mixture. Shake to coat. Put nuggets, bag and all,
in the freezer for at least an hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining egg mixture.
6. After freezing, repeat the "coating" process.
7. Preheat oven and large cookie sheet to 375°
8. Deep fry the chicken McNuggets™ at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until light brown and crispy. (cook only
about 9 at a time.)
9. Drain on paper towels 3-5 minutes.
10. Place deep-fried nuggets on preheated cookie sheet in oven and bake another 5-7 minutes.
11. Serve with your favorite McDonald's dipping sauce.